Visiting Lecturer, Texas Tech University College of Architecture, Lubbock, Texas.  8/89-12/89.

Duties consisted of teaching a 3-hour special problems course in historic preservation (ARCH 4000/ARCH5311) while on leave-of-absence from the National Park Service during a family illness.  The course was offered by the College of Architecture as a practicum to assess the condition and significance of a historic structure offered for donation to the Ranching Heritage Center of the Texas Tech University Museum.  Class work focused on documentation of the existing condition, architectural evolution, and history of the c. 1909 St. Paul’s on the Plains Episcopal Church (the earliest extant public building in Lubbock).  Students participated in architectural fabric investigation, documentation of the structure to HABS standards, and development of preservation alternatives.  Findings were presented to the President of Texas Tech University, the Lubbock Heritage Society, and at public meetings.  Funding for documentation and publication was obtained through grants from the Lubbock Heritage Society and the College of Architecture. In 1996, the church was moved to the Lubbock Garden and Arts Center restored based on the findings of the Historic Structures Report.