Lisa Sasser - Vita
Bachelor of Architecture, certificate in historic preservation, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, 1977
National Park Service, Williamsport Preservation Training Center, Williamsport, Maryland, 1984-1986, preservation trades apprenticeship program
Registered Architect, License B-0147, Wyoming State Board of Architects and Landscape Architects, 1985.
Northeast Region Facility Maintenance Management System Coordinator, National Park Service, Northeast Region Planning, Construction and Facility Maintenance Directorate, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 5/06-8/09. details.
Project Manager, National Park Service, Northeast Regional, Architectural Preservation Division, Lowell, Massachusetts. 10/96-4/06. details.
Assistant Chief Historical Architect, National Park Service, Park Historic Structures & Cultural Landscapes Program, Washington, DC. 4/93-10/96. details.
Senior Historical Architect, National Park Service, Williamsport Preservation Training Center, Williamsport, Maryland. 10/91-4/93. details.
Supervisory Exhibits Specialist, National Park Service, Williamsport Preservation Training Center, Williamsport, Maryland. 9/86-9/91. details
Visiting Lecturer, Texas Tech University College of Architecture, Lubbock, Texas. 8/89-12/89. details
Preservation Trainee, National Park Service, Williamsport Preservation Training Center, Williamsport, Maryland. 8/84-8/86. details
Historical Architect, National Park Service, Denver Service Center-Eastern Team, Denver, Colorado. 11/79-8/84. details
Architect, US Fish and Wildlife Service, Denver Engineering Center, Denver, Colorado. 12/77-11/79. details
Lecturer, Arapahoe Community College, Littleton, Colorado. 1/78-3/78. details
Architectural Consultant, Tribal Council of Tesuque Pueblo, Tesuque, New Mexico. 1/77-4/77. details
Museum Technician, The Ranching Heritage Center, Texas Tech University Museum, Lubbock, Texas. 5/72-12/76. details
Research Assistant, Texas State Historical Commission. 6/76-8/76. details
Honors and Awards
2004 Preservation Achievement Award presented by the New Hampshire Preservation Alliance for work on the former Benson’s Wild Animal Park in Hudson, New Hampshire including Historic Structures Reports and planning for preservation and stabilization of three historic structures. view
2001 Askins Achievement Award presented annually by the Preservation Trades Network in recognition of "outstanding contributions and accomplishment in the promotion, education, and application of the trade skills that embody the best of the preservation trades". view
- "Why Preservation Matters". Timber Framing, Journal of the Timber Framers Guild, Number 97, September 2010.
- "Why the Trades Matter for Preservation: A Half-Century of Promoting Traditional Building Skills for Preservation". Forum Journal, Volume 19, No. 4. 2005.
- "What Historical Architects Can Learn from the Preservation Trades – and Why They Should". CRM, Volume 20, No. 12. 1997. (Special Issue on Preservation Trades and Crafts).
- "New Paradigms for Preserving Old Buildings". CRM, Volume 18, No. 5. 1995.
- "Setting Up a Preservation Workshop". CRM, Volume 17, No. 1. 1994.
- "Texas Ranching Immortalized". Texas Homes, Volume 4, No. 6. 1980. (With Elizabeth Skidmore Sasser).
- "The Aesthetics of Adobe". Southwestern Art. Volume V, No. 2. 1976. (With Elizabeth Skidmore Sasser).
Vice-chair, Amherst Heritage Commission, Amherst, New Hampshire, 2002-2008.
Served as a member of the work group for the World Monuments Fund Traditional Building Arts Training Initiative. 2005-2007.